On a visit to Dundee and Angus you’ll find it offers a wealth of culture, romantic Scottish castles, beautiful beaches, museums and of course some of the best golf courses in Scotland. Angus has many links to cultural figures of today and historical figures of the past. So, whether your interest is in Peter Pan, ACDC, the Royal Family or Scott of the Antarctic;there so much to discover.
In many ways Angus is one of Scotland’s hidden gems with more than a few surprises in store. Dundee's rich cultural history has seen it named as the UK's first UNESCO City of Design. Along with it's accessible location and the arrival of the V&A Dundee in 2018 it is emerging as a destination with so much to offer visitors from far and wide.
Balmuirfield House Bed and Breakfast is ideally located for day trips to other parts of Scotland with many fantastic locations and attractions within easy reach. So, if you want to shop in St Andrews, take in some history at Stirling Castle or even hunt for Nessie on the banks of Loch Ness, our friendly wee B&B in Dundee offers a comfortable bed to rest your head at the end of each day.
Here's a few great links that'll help you plan your visit to Angus and Dundee:
Car Travel Times and Distances from Balmuirfield House B&B
- Dundee City Centre (Discovery Ship, Museums, University, Shopping, Train) - 10 minutes - 3 miles
- Glamis Castle - 19 minutes - 11 miles
- Kirriemuir (JM Barrie, Camera Obscura, Loch of Kinnordy) - 25 minutes - 18 miles
- Arbroath (Abbey, Beach, Museums) - 30 minutes - 17 miles
- St Andrews (Golf Course, University, Shopping) - 30 minutes - 15 miles
- Perth (Scone Palace, Gardens, Racecourse) - 34 minutes - 22 miles
- Lunan Bay (Beach) - 48 minutes - 26 miles
- Dunnottar Castle - 51 minutes - 50 miles
- Dunkeld (Catherdral, Birnam Oak, Walks)- 51 minutes - 29 miles
- Stirling (Castle, Wallace Monument) - 1 Hour - 55 miles
- Pitlochry (Distillery, Highland Perthshire, Walks) - 1 Hour 7 minutes - 51 miles
- Edinburgh Airport - 1 Hour 7 minutes - 59 miles
- Edinburgh - (Castle, Festivals, Museums, Shopping) - 1 Hour 23 mins - 62 miles